Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another snowy, icy day...

I remember back when I liked snowstorms...days off school with my children- sliding, skating and enjoying. Now, I look at snow through my jaded eyes, and I think shovelling, slippery, icky mess! I long for spring time... the blossoms on the trees, the daffodils blooming, the birds chirping in the morning. It always seems to get longer and longer- the wait for spring.
I weighed in today at 290.6 so I really in a good mood, despite the snow and ice falling outside. A weight loss of 17 pounds is good.
I resolved last night that I will start back at the gym tomorrow- I am working a 12 hour shift today, due to the snow, so I can't start today- no excuses. I was watching the Biggest Loser last night, and noted how much the trainers pushed the participants, and the weight loss they achieved because they were pushed. So I resolved then that it was also time for me to stop making excuses and get out of my comfort zone and into the gym. I knew that I hadn't cancelled my Planet Fitness membership for a reason. So tomorrow it will start and I will make an appointment to meet with the trainer and review the equipment.

4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be great to leave work and home responsibilities...to have a trainer and only need to focus on personal weight loss? I think it is so much more difficult to stay motivated when the tyranny of the urgent (everyday life) sets in. That is why I have to have meals planned out or we will too easily stray. We always did stray until the carbs became a health issue for my hubby. Now that he has diabetes, it is an issue of health, not just losing pounds. Still, I'd love to go on a "get healthy" retreat, and I think the competition would do me good.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I am an emotional eater so the ultimate spot for me to lose weight would not have the stressors of everyday home/work stress! Lately. I haven't had time to plan my meals, but am good at taking five in the morning to trough a lowcarb emergency kit together to bring with me. Like today, it was three hotdogs, three large Romaine leaves, 3 slices american cheese, some precooked bacon strips, chicken salad, a small pack of defrosted hamburg, and some pumpkin and sunflower seeds. i may get stuck in until midnight tonight and want to be prepared so that I am not searching for those carbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good plan, Bren! Can you leave food in a frdge at work? I found that helped a lot (until everyone began eating at work again, then the fridge got more full).

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I manage a group home and it is their (the consumers) refrigerator. I can put things in it while I am there, but that is all. It worked out though, I stuck to my plan yesterday, and was able to leave shift at 8.

    ReplyDelete