Sunday, January 18, 2009

So I finished the cake at 4am, and, I am proud to say, I did not sample the rice krispie treats, the batter, the fondant, the cake, or the icing! I went to bed right afterwards, and back up at 6am to take my son and his friend to meet the wrestling coach so they could get to the competition in time for check-in. Came home, and got ready for the day. Had an applicant interview at 8am and met my co-worker at 8:30 to transfer beeper responsibilities.
I then went to deliver the cake and the child was very excited to see her favorite characters on the cake. The parents were pleased with the way the cake came out also.
Off to the market to buy snacks for the wrestling competition before hitting the highway. Half pound of the store made chicken salad, some provolone and sliced pepperoni. Two apples and G2 for my son, and I was ready to hit the road.
Drove the hour and a half to the wrestling competition and arrived in time to see Kevin compete in the second match- which he lost. He won the next one pinning his competitor in a cradle hold. Overall the team did okay...they came in 7 out of nine teams.

So I am still hanging in there and keeping it together- planning my meals on the cuff, of course...but that goes with my life style. Being on the go with the kids, the cakes and the job, doesn't leave much time for meal planning or scheduled exercise. I long for the days of leisure, in which I can try out new recipes, and go to the gym on a regular basis. Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment